How does it work?
It’s all in the Cloud eviid, it’s versatile and light- touch video technology. eviid’s unique compression technique allows video to be uploaded at up to 40 times of the speed of a normal video file. All video/photo’s are then stored securely and revisited/shared any time. This solution not only allows ‘real time’ transfer of images, but equally can facilitate live online video chat should further clarity be required.
Not just for repairs
- Housing Officers can view the video before offering the property out to potential tenants. This helps identify the layout, suitability and condition of the decoration, kitchen, bathroom etc
- The post inspection video can help show tenants access arrangements, adaptations and fixtures and fittings without needing to visit site.
- Contractors are more in tune with the works required and can help with resource planning and management.
- Contractors are able to receive access to the video and can use eviid (via PDA’s) to capture work variations, completed work standards and final handover videos.
- The operations video captures a detailed record of the condition of the property at handover rather than a paper record, this is useful evidence should court applications and recharge costs occur.
- The close out video can also be used by Housing Operations to share with prospective new tenants prior to viewing appointment. eviid’s audit process allows the Housing Operations department to see when and who has viewed the videos.
- The tool can be used to undertake surveys of communal areas, footpaths and estate management issues.
- Works inspections can now be carried out whilst staff can continue to work remotely.
Why is eviid different?
Our clients store vast amounts of business- critical, often sensitive, media files on the eviid platform. And while the cloud certainly speeds up access and transfer times, it’s eviid’s ability to manage access that makes the system so attractive. Throughout a media file’s journey, eviid minimizes the risk of data being shared when it shouldn’t be. From locking files into the eviid smartphone app ahead of a swift upload-and- delete, through to closely monitored, secure facilities for sharing with third parties – eviid makes sure sensitive information captured in a video or image cannot be shared casually.
The very core of eviid is a patented evidential technology that, as digital video, audio or images are captured, applies a tamper-evident ‘wrapper’ to each frame like a watermark. This wrapper includes contextual data such as time, GPS location or SIM card information in a special way, making it impossible to alter footage or metadata without leaving a trace. Once a piece of footage has been recorded, it is then compressed at least 40-fold and uploaded into the cloud instantly or as soon as there is sufficient mobile signal.
Do I need good Bandwidth?
Our unique compression technology has been designed to work well in low- bandwidth environments and is complemented by the ‘video record and forward’ feature, which queues the video for sending and automatically does so as a signal becomes available. The data is neither stored on the device for longer than necessary, nor is it accessible from outside the eviid app (via the device’s photo gallery, for example). Where previously a user would have sent potentially sensitive information from their mobile by e-mail or uploaded it to a third-party server, it is now contained within a managed environment, circumventing any security, data protection and compliance issues.
Where previously a user would have sent potentially sensitive information from their mobile by e-mail or uploaded it to a third-party server, it is now contained within a managed environment, circumventing any security, data protection and compliance issues.
How much does it cost?
Procure Plus has entered into a commercial relationship with eviid that allows their customers to access the eviid software for a small licencing fee per property. Onboarding and set up will be free of charge and supported by the Procure Plus technical department. Depending upon the number of properties included the cost can be as low as £2.50 per unit, per year and can be made available within days.