Waste framework agreement
Procure Plus is the most cost-effective procurement consortium for social housing providers in the North West, delivering smart regeneration with integrated social value, improving the lives and futures of people in its communities.
Procure Plus wished to establish a framework agreement for the provision of a range of waste management services. By developing a waste framework, Procure Plus sought to deliver a number of benefits to its members, customers and contractors. These include a compliant route to market, competitive pricing, increased awareness of efficient and innovative waste management practices in the community and the creation of training and / or employment outcomes.
How we helped
Combining these skills with Procure Plus’s knowledge of procurement enabled the following tasks to be completed successfully:
- Market research on the waste management sector and its capabilities to provide background research for framework development
- Design and delivery of a market engagement strategy
- Development of the framework specification including:
- Selection criteria
- Award criteria
- Pricing mechanism
The expertise provided by Gyron brought the following benefits to the Procure Plus waste framework specifically:
- Engagement with the market to help define the lot structure of the framework
- A final framework specification which reflects the capabilities of the market whilst also providing an opportunity for bidders to demonstrate innovation
- An operational framework that has now let its first contracts with both a landlord and contractor as clients.