Working full time alongside an expanding finance team you will process the monthly sales invoices confidently and accurately for all charge types and take responsibility for ad hoc sales invoicing within the wider company structure. Regularly key direct debit claims to be taken from our suppliers/contractors, chase outstanding invoices which are paid via BACS. Reporting to the Transactional Finance Manager, you will proactively manage the sales ledger and resolve queries, ensuring all necessary measures are taken to prevent debt from becoming aged.
Key accountabilities and example activities
- Proactively manage and report commentary on all debt over 3 months old via monthly reports.
- Processing month end sales invoices.
- Send out invoices to customers and set up and if required demonstrate the company Supplier Portal to customers.
- Set up Direct Debits and actively pursue any returned DDs within three workings days.
- Actively chase debtors who are late paying.
- Prepare D/D submissions for our third-party bureau.
- Resolve debtor queries.
- Report a summary of debtors each week to the Transactional Finance Manager.
- Assist in management of the finance inbox.
- Ad hoc sales ledger tasks; updating records, processing customer details etc.
- Acting as cover for purchase ledger tasks and activities as required on an ad-hoc basis.
Click here to download the full specification.